Apartment love.

Monday, June 8, 2009

As promised, here are the first things I've made with my new sewing machine!

First was a little clutch that took way longer than it should have, but I learned a lot through the process. The material is from an old shirt and some pants. I followed a pretty simple pattern and just altered it a little bit.




Next is a new pillow for our red chair! I found this fabric at Joann and just loved it. It's perfect for our living room. And now I'm looking for any other spot to make a pillow - they're so simple and make such a huge difference!


Lastly, remember the sewing table "before" pictures a few posts ago? Well, we gave her a little makeover - changed the paint and added new knobs. A completely new looking table that fits perfectly in our apartment - and no one would even know a sewing machine is hiding inside!




So we're ready for our next project... right, Shawn?

:)

5 comments:

  1. love these whit!! where did you get the knobs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! I got them from Anthropologie on sale... they may still have some like they do at our store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Whit!
    You have an amazing eye for stuff. I have to admit, the day we picked up that old sewing machine, I was kind of rolling my eyes a little. But you turned that around. You're amazing!

    Maybe we can talk about the hypoglycemic saga sometime.

    Big hugs and big love,

    Papa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the pillow and the clutch~ LOVE them both! I also LOVE the little table with the treasure of a sewing machine hid inside! I did some sewing the other day and made a pillow too! They do add a lot to a space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Papa! Hope you guys are doing great!

    And Hannah, I love hearing from you. :) And if you're reading this, I think you should definitely start an Etsy shop. I'd be your first customer!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan