Happysad.

Friday, June 12, 2009

I just uploaded this picture to my computer, and I love it. It just screams summer and my love looks so content and happy. I love his squinty, smiling eyes.

Today I'm feeling happysad.
Some days, it's a one-word sentiment.

I'm happy it's Friday and it's gorgeous outside and I get to hang out with Shawn! We're going to the Art Institute tomorrow (because I've never been... unbelievable) and probably running some other errands. I don't care what we do as long as we're together. I'm sad we only get to see each other for a couple hours each night during the week because of our work schedules. That will soon change because of a new job I'm starting on Tuesday! Nonetheless, I'm happy to fall asleep next to him. What a privilege. (Have I said this too much?)

I'm sad that my Grams (Mom's mom) passed away today. She was only 69 years old and is my first grandparent to pass away. I'm sad she wasn't able to make it to my wedding as we'd all planned and sad she never met Shawn, though she knew who he was. I'm happy she's with Jesus and is healed and whole. And I'm happy she's with precious Nene (her mom) who, I'm sure, was waiting there for her as she entered the presence of the Lord.

I'm happy to be going to Kelsey's 2nd of 4 bridal showers this weekend, and happy she's getting married in just over 6 weeks! I'm sad she's moving across the country to Oregon, but happy that she and Zach have such an awesome job opportunity there. What an incredible blessing for newlyweds!

I'm happy that it looks like Shawn and I will not be spending another winter in Chicago, but sad that we'll have to leave our perfect downtown apartment. We love Chicago, but we feel like God is leading us elsewhere soon. I know I'll be thrilled for the next step when it comes, but will certainly cry as we drive away from our beloved city. More details to come.

Hope your weekend is a happy one.

2 comments:

  1. Whit,
    great blog! thanks for inspiring me to get one too! :D haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Whit,

    I love reading your blog to find such and bittersweet memories from your current situation in life. Sorry about your loss but am happy too that she is in a much better place then here! Oh and on the falling asleep next to your husband, I am so glad that I can do that too! It is such a blessing! Matt is back and forth this summer so the time we do get together, no matter what we do, is special. Look forward to visiting your blog again.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan