An update in pictures.

Friday, June 19, 2009

It's June 19th and it still does not feel like summer (torrential rain, strong winds, even grape-sized hail today!) but we've had some summer fun already, so I guess that counts.

There is way too much to catch up on, so I thought I'd catch up with a few pictures. Some are from my camera, others are from Mama Newby's (she's much better at capturing the moment!). Hope you enjoy!


Papa & Shawn after Mama & Papa Newby arrived for Shawn's graduation! They were able to stay for a week or so and we spent lots of meals and long walks with them. So fun. :)

Visiting Shawn at work - isn't this coffee shop beautiful? It's on the 46th floor with an awesome view of our city.



Papa (and Mama, who's taking the picture) and I eating lunch in Shawn's cafe.

It's tulip season! It only lasts a couple weeks in Chicago, but these gorgeous flowers are everywhere.

Waiting at the El to head to the Garfield Park Conservatory. If you haven't been, I highly recommend it. Especially in the winter, it's such a haven and is very refreshing to see so much green!

Eating lunch at the Conservatory.
Hydrangea at the Conservatory.

Some kind of cactus? I love the 50 mm lens!

Having a coffee break at Lovely, an adorable new discovery of ours very close to our church.

Love my Shawn.

We celebrated Mama on Mother's Day with a little brunch in her honor. :) Here's the spread.

Mama and Papa on the El. I love this picture of them - so relaxed and happy!

Waiting on the El... again. :) Sorry, Papa, that you're blurry! I still like the picture though.

Now you're in focus. I'm still learning, remember?

So then Mom and Dad Tunney came in town to celebrate Kelsey's 22nd birthday, Zach's graduation, and Shawn's graduation! Here we are at Benihana.

Our very docile cook works his magic as the parents look on.

Oh yeah, can't leave Birthday Buddha out! He came to celebrate another year for Kels.

The whole fam! We are growing at a rapid rate.

Birthday cake at Kelsey's apartment.

More to come...

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Whit, I smiled the whole time I read this entry. What wonderful memories of y'all and and us and each other. Pictures may be worth a thousand words, but the memories are gold.

    Love,

    Papa

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan