Good to have goals.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Having a wallet stolen is no fun. I'm not concerned with the money I lost or the gift cards - God has kept me in perfect peace about those things - but I am most sad about losing my life goals list that has found its home in my wallet for many years.

As hard as I may try, there's no way I can totally replace the list. I just can't remember all 40+ goals! So I've decided I'm going to remember as many as I can and add on to make up for the rest. And I'll keep the list somewhere other than my wallet.

FYI: I realize by putting these out here, I'm pretty much committing to them (or at least committing to attempt them!). That's ok with me.

Climb Mt. Whitney.
Hold a monkey. [check]
Speak at a funeral. [check]
Get married. [check]
Read Les Miserables.
Walk 10 miles without seeing anyone.
Go sky diving.
Adopt a child.
Write a good song.
Ice skate at Rockefeller Center. [CHECK]
Win a contest drawing. [check... kind of. I won a drawing contest. So, in effect, I won a contest, drawing. Haven't won anything in a drawing yet.]
Run a marathon.
See Josh Groban in concert. [check]
Become fluent in American Sign Language.
Meet Marcos Witt.
Fly over fireworks on July 4.
Establish residency in a foreign country.
Never retire.

Last but not least, memorize the book of Philippians. I have two chapters down and two to go. But I'm wondering, does anyone have any memorization tips? I tend to keep going back to the passages I like and "working on" those, even though I have them down pat. But then when it comes to the transitional type passages like, "I plead with Euodia and I plead with Syntyche..." I lose track and lose motivation. Please let me know if you have any ideas of how to keep it going!

Hope everyone has a wonderful, restful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I like the adopt a child goal! :-) I hope that we'll always be close enough that you can keep me posted on that goal. Sorry you had your wallet stolen, i remember that feeling. I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I have les miserable, if you want to borrow it some time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Type your scripture out on a bookmark-styled card, and add some pretty pictures to brighten your day.
    on the reverse side of card, write the first letter of each word.
    for example,

    Psalm 51:13 KJV
    Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

    13. TWITTTW; ASSBCUT.

    (By this method, I memorized 1 John 2:1-5 within 24 hours at a camp, and the next 5 verses in the next 2 days. such a major help!)

    Also, God will bring what is memorized back to mind when He knows you need it.

    another method, is to sing scripture. I know many a good song (just came back from Bible camp where our song book had 42 scripture songs :) )

    btw, I love the book of Philippians.. chapter 4 being my all time fave in the Bible. just recently started a study on Philippians & am thoroughly enjoying, understanding, and learning so much more :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan