Prayers for Grandpas.

Saturday, November 7, 2009

"Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man."
Psalm 112:4

IMG_7237
IMG_9228

These are my grandpas.

Within the past month, both have received some very unexpected, unwelcome news: they have cancer.

I am thankful that they both know Jesus and have led their families in righteousness and with dignity for so many years. Their godly influence on my parents is unmistakable and I am so thankful for each of them.

One has already begun radiation treatment, and one has just been diagnosed.

If you're reading this, will you take a minute and pray on their behalf? Pray for peace, for courage, for healing. We would so appreciate it.

"Surely he will never be shaken; a righteous man will be remembered forever. He will have no fear of bad news; his heard is steadfast, trusting in the Lord."
Psalm 112:6-7

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear this! I'm praying for the Lord's perfect peace on your families during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Whittie, I love those pictures. What precious men! I'm so thankful for their faithfulness to Christ! I will for sure be praying for them! I love you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that God's perfect love will drive out all fear. Praying peace, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying Whitney! The Lord is amazing and works in so many ways. I know He will work within this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone, for your prayers. We really have peace about it, it was just a tough blow (or two) especially with my grandmother passing away this summer. Thanks for all your sweet encouragement - it means a lot.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan