Help me decide.

Monday, March 16, 2015

When we moved into our current house last August, we did a mad dash to decorate as quickly as possible, knowing we'd be having a baby soon and wouldn't have the time or motivation to accomplish much after that. Now that we've lived here for more than 6 months, I'm feeling an itch to really settle in decor-wise. Maybe it's Spring on its way, maybe it's cabin fever. I've hung four pictures in the past week and it's feeling homier with every one. 

The next decor project I want to tackle is this wall (straight ahead): 
It's in our main living/dining room where we spend most of our time, and it's feeling especially bare. I love gallery walls, but what I don't love is having to constantly straighten the frames to make sure they stay in place. With a little guy who jumps and bounds around, the frames get just a hair "off" and drive me a little nuts.

So what I'd love to create is a picture ledge. I love that you can change it up as often as you'd like without making new holes in the wall. I also love the look when it's kept somewhat simple. Here is some of my inspiration (click on the photos to take you to the original sites):

I love how bright and happy this one is with a few pops of color.
Source
I love the different size frames and the monochromatic look of this one.
Source

This one is my absolute favorite. Can I just move in tomorrow? I love how eclectic and yet uncluttered it looks.
Source
I have quite a few family photos in different sized frames that are ready to go. But I'd also love to incorporate a piece of art to break it up. Here's where I need your help. I've been looking at Minted.com for a standout piece for the picture ledge and have fallen in love with too many. Here are my top choices:

1. A subtle pop of color. Fresh and airy. I love the textured look of the paint, too.
Land of Plenty by Emily Jeffords
2. A bold "tangerine" color, I think this would tie together the mustard chairs we have on the opposite side of the room. Plus, it's one of my favorite colors. Bright, simple, and happy.
Abstract Layers 1 by Kelly Nasuta
3. This one is more abstract, but I'm just drawn to it for some reason. I love the simplicity of the patterns.
Pink India Fly by Lady Noble
4. This one is real gold foil and features a special place for Shawn and me (NYC, where we got engaged!). I also really like the gold foil maps of Chicago, Tennessee, and Germany. I'd buy them all if I could.
New York City Map
 5. I'm drawn to this one because of the color combination. I love it. Clean and modern.
Abstract Muted 2 by Kelly Nasuta
6. I love the ampersand sign, and this more muted look is appealing.
& i love to read by Niki Digrigorio
So what do you think? Do you have a vision for any one of these? Picture one of these in a large size plus several family photos in black & white and maybe a couple in color. I'd love to hear your thoughts and can't wait to show you what we decide!

This post is in collaboration with Minted.com, whose products I genuinely love, and the opinions expressed are all my own. 

18 comments:

  1. I love the combo of #4 and 5 next to each other - the gold plays off each other, as well as the geometric lines, but one is full (the map) and the other has much more white space (the triangles)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love 1 (classic, ethereal), 3 (whimsical, minimal), or 4 (bold and chic) depending of the vibe you're going for. I say choose one of them, add a nice mix of family photos, and make your own ampersand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Number 1 is my fave, # 4 & 5 are great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever used the Command picture hanging strips? They are a little pricey, but they make picture hanging a breeze and it eliminates straightening. They are kinda like Velcro. I got hooked on them when trying to hang a picture on my tile backsplash in my kitchen. Now I buy the economy pack. Oh, and I love #1.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love 4 and 5 but really all of them would look lovely in your space. I think I gravitate toward 4 because it's art but it has special significance to you and your husband. Good luck with your decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. #1 (peaceful, airy, perfect for spring) and #4 (classy, meaningful) are my favorite ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. #1, 3, and 4 are my favorite. I can't pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. decorating your home amazingly, you design it perfectly..Marvelous home furnishing

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have a map of the part of Copenhagen (the capital of Denmark, where we live) that holds all the places of our 'firsts'. The kiss, date, the first place we lived together etc. It is so special to my heart and I enjoy looking at it every time so can only recommend it. And the gold foil looks SO beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that both 1&4 would be awesome additions! I love the personal touch and I think that 1 would be a timeless piece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great minds...I was just in Ikea over the weekend and saw the ledge frames, and began thinking that would be a great addition to our family room, where we spend a lot of time, especially during the cold winter nights. I love the art pieces you've found! 1&3 are my favourites - the ampersand speaks to me, too, about inclusivity.

    I really like the three ledges stacked - such options for variety.

    Happy decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the ampersand in context with family photos - some of the two of you, "&" the kids....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Emily Jeffords all the way. She's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure you have already picked by now, but I love the shop turn of the centuries. She does architectural map drawings in beautiful water colors. They are amazing! The gold map made me think of it. Just thought I would share in case you ever are in the market for a map. I know I want one desperately of where my husband and I met!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan