Yummy comfort food.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Since I last posted about Shawn's job at the insurance company, he has actually quit and gotten a new job! The former job just wasn't a fit for him and for us. We literally only saw each other for about 30 minutes a day because of our clashing schedules. We are praising the Lord for this new job and are just so thankful to both be employed!

On that note, we had a lovely dinner tonight as a little celebration. You know... celebrating always means yummy food at our house.




The menu:

Chai Spiced Buttermilk Pancakes
Homemade mixed berry syrup
(I just brought frozen berries, sugar, and lemon juice to a boil then let it simmer into a sauce)
Chunky organic applesauce
Scrambled eggs with Italian cheeses


It was the absolute "comfort" meal and we savored every bite.

You must check out Joy the Baker's website. Her blog has tons of creative, easy recipes with gorgeous photos. It's my new go-to recipe website when I want to make something special and unique.

And speaking of recipes, I have a new favorite cookbook as well. Mama Newby gave me this one for Christmas, and it's actually written by a missionary friend of hers. It's called "O Taste & See" and I've been able to try 6 or 7 recipes so far and every single one has turned out fabulous! She is great at using everyday ingredients, too, which I appreciate. Our favorite so far has been the Overnight Caramel Pecan Sticky Buns. Delicious. You can order it here. Thanks Mama! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, that sounds killer! And that chunky apple sauce... Mama makes that. Shawn knows it well. I think it's amazingly easy.... at least it's amazingly easy to eat. Maybe she'll give you the recipe?

    LLL

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan