Jalapeño hummus.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010


I'm a little confused.

IMG_2277

The calendar tells me that today is the first official day of Fall, but I'm not convinced.

The high today is 96°F.
I just picked 20 juicy tomatoes from our garden.
It just feels like summer...

But still, the pumpkin spice candle is lit,
I'm back in school again,
and I've been eating soup every day despite the heat.
So it must be Fall after all.

Speaking of our garden, by the way, I haven't been posting about it much simply because I haven't been out there every morning like I used to. A couple months ago, I pushed back a tomato vine and saw a 3-foot-long black snake staring up at me. Since then, the garden has been a little less inviting. I'm sure you understand. :)

But a few days ago, I picked these gorgeous jalapeños.
IMG_2243
They. are. HOT. And so delicious.

I had a can of chickpeas on hand, so I decided to try making some jalapeño hummus. It's no secret I love yummy dips - especially ones that are allergy friendly - and this one was just perfect.

IMG_2245

The instructions are super easy:
Remove the seeds from the jalapeños and chop them coarsely, then put them in a food processor to chop them finely. I used 3 jalapeños in mine, and there was plenty of heat - but you may need more if you like it super hot.
Add a can of rinsed chickpeas into the food processor with the jalapeños. I also added about 2 teaspoons of cumin and some sea salt.
Turn your food processor on, and if you need to, add a little water if it's too thick.

IMG_2251

That's it!

IMG_2257

In my culinary opinion, jalapeño hummus works in every season.

1 comment:

  1. hmmmm might have to make some of that for Papa...w/out garden snake experience! :-)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan