Scripture memory with your iPhone.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

I know I've mentioned the Fighter Verses app on the blog before, but I had to mention it again. Because I've found a way to actually use it. Memorizing Scripture is an area I constantly struggle in but continually need. I have a feeling I'm not alone in that?

Here's what to do:
1. Download Fighter Verses on your smartphone.
2. Choose a verse you want to memorize, then scroll down until you find "Use Verse as Lock Screen" and click on the link.
3. From there, you can choose what color background you want.
4. Follow the prompts on the screen to set the verse as your lock screen wallpaper so that every time you go to use your phone, it pops up.

Each time I turn on the screen of my phone (many times a day, of course), I make myself pause and recite the verse in my head or aloud, including the reference. Depending on the length of the verse, sometimes I only need it on my screen for a day or two - sometimes for longer. Once I've memorized that verse, I go back to the app, pick a new verse with a new color background and start the process over again.

It's been so life-giving to be able to memorize multiple passages a week and to have them constantly playing in my head throughout the day. It's incredible how God's Word comes alive when we actually meditate on it and claim His promises.

2 comments:

  1. Love this!! If we remember it nobody can ever take it away wherever we are!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing...it's been wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan