20 books in 2015.

Monday, December 29, 2014

Source
Are you thinking of New Years' Resolutions for 2015 yet? (Do you even do that?) One of my resolutions involves reading, as it usually does, and this year I decided to map out my book choices ahead of time.

For now, I only have 13 out of 20 books chosen... and that's where you come in. I would love to hear your book suggestions for any of these categories of something I need to read! I know other readers would appreciate the input, too. So if you have a book idea, please leave it in the comments.

Here's what I've chosen so far...

Spiritual Life:
Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin
Found in Him by Elyse Fitzpatrick
Galatians for You: For Reading, for Feeding, for Leading by Timothy Keller

Fiction:
What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
Lila by Marilynne Robinson

Marriage & Parenting:
Loving the Little Years: Motherhood in the Trenches by Rachel Jankovic
The Ministry of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson
You and Me Forever: Marriage in Light of Eternity by Francis & Lisa Chan
The Meaning of Marriage by Timothy & Kathy Keller

Non-fiction:
Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
Lies That Make You Pay & Truths That Set You Free by Rachel Norman

11 comments:

  1. i usually don't do new year's resolutions but this year i had the same idea for 2015
    i'm not finished with my list but what i just read was

    Love Letters from Cell 92

    The Correspondence Between Dietrich Bonhoeffer and Maria Von Wedemeyer, 1943-45


    it took me pretty long and i mostly read a few letters a day.
    beautiful but heartbreaking to read and so much to learn.

    greetings from austria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love book recommendations! That would probably be my new years resolution along with more journaling. I was looking back at your other books and I definitely want to check a couple of them out. Thanks! :) Hope you guys have a wonderful new year and wonderful last couple of days with just 1 baby in the house :) Can not WAIT to see pictures of your daughter and praying for a wonderful delivery! - Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy Liane Moriarty! I just finished What Alice Forgot and I really enjoyed The Husband's Secret. One of my favorite authors is Jojo Moyes, The Girl You Left Behind is fabulous, along with Me Before You and The Ship of Brides. Have you read The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion? I also recommend Not By Sight: A Fresh Look at Old Stories of Walking by Faith (Jon Bloom), The Boys in the Boat (Daniel Brown), and The Light Between Oceans (M.L. Stedman). I always enjoy your book recommendations. Take care and can't wait to hear the news on your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I downloaded What Alice Forgot on my Kindle last week to have ready for all of the nursing sessions to come, but I sort of got into it and finished it in like 3 days! Whooops! Oh well, surely I can find something else! :) Good luck bringing your little lady into the world as well...so so close to the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Broken Places and Tangled Ashes by Michele Phoenix--Shawn probably had her as a teacher at BFA at some point :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gospel by JD Greear - I read it with a friend this year and really enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Safely Home by Randy Alcorn. Best book I ever read!! Its a lifechanging story and I would recommend it as a definite read!! Its a fiction novel but based off of many true to life facts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read Surprised by Oxford, a memoir of how the author became a believer during her time at Oxford, last year and loved it. My grandma and mom also really enjoyed it. I'm in the middle of All the Light We Cannot See, a beautifully written story of how WWII interrupted the childhood a Parisian girl and a German orphan during. I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. After going through "Loving the Little Years" with my Bible study this past semester, we're going to start her other book, "Fit to Burst". The first was so good and practical, and I'm looking forward to this new one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Francine rivers- Redeeming Love- I read this in my teens and I am now in my 20s and in this book I really got to see Gods love.

    Joyce Meyers- Living courageously DO it afraid. I thought this was so powerful and it talked about fear in every area! Sometimes you don't realize how small fear can be and can be in your everyday thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan