A dollhouse for Lane Eliette.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

As soon as I saw this dollhouse by Lia Griffith as I was scrolling through Pinterest one day, I knew I wanted to create something similar for Lanie for Christmas. I love that Lia's site has plans to build the dollhouse as well as recommendations for furniture and bunnies to inhabit it. I used my miter saw to cut the pieces (and Shawn and a friend cut the house shape for the backing with a circular saw), and I've listed most of my sources at the bottom in case you want to make something similar. I absolutely love the Hape dollhouse furniture as it's the perfect size to actually play with without risking breaking tiny parts, and it was easy to paint certain pieces. There are still some things I want to do like make more bedding and rugs, and I've ordered a little baby bunny to add to our family. :) But for now, it's the perfect little bunny cottage for Lanie Lou. I hope you enjoy, too!

The kids' room

The master bedroom

The bathroom

The kitchen

The living/dining room

Kids' room:
Vinyl wood flooring on top level from Lowe's (for under a dollar) - just cut, peel, and stick
Hape children's furniture from Amazon
White brick scrapbook paper from Michael's
Bunnies from Calico Critters rabbit family on Amazon
Free printables on Pinterest (shrunk down to bunny size), taped on with washi tape

Roof: 
Shingles from Hobby Lobby. One of my favorite parts of this whole project!

Master bedroom:
Flooring from Hobby Lobby dollhouse supplies, cut and glued on
Hape bedroom furniture on Amazon
Tiny planters from Hobby Lobby, filled with faux leaves
Bedding made with scrap fabric from my stash
Art was made with wood tiles from Hobby Lobby with scrapbook paper glued on

Bathroom:
Floor tile from Hobby Lobby dollhouse supplies, cut and glued on
Hexagon mirrors are scrapbooking stickers from Hobby Lobby
Hape family bathroom furniture
Botanical prints found on Pinterest

Kitchen:
Prints found on Pinterest
Tiny planter and flour sacks from Hobby Lobby dollhouse supplies
Wood flooring from Hobby Lobby dollhouse supplies, cut and glued on
Hape kitchen furniture and Hape dining room furniture

Living room:
Flooring from Hobby Lobby dollhouse supplies, cut and glued on
Hape dining room furniture and Hape media room furniture, painted
Tiny fur and pillow from my fabric stash
Prints found on Pinterest
Hexagon mirrors are scrapbooking stickers from Hobby Lobby

All floorboards and crown molding from Hobby Lobby dollhouse supplies
Annie Sloan chalk paint in Paris Grey used for the outside of the dollhouse

9 comments:

  1. This is the cutest DIY I've ever seen. You are so incredibly talented! I want to make this for my little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredibly cute. I would love to have one for myself! Just for looking at would be enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty amazing, and hopefully a treasure she'll have to pass down for generations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post,Thanks for providing us this great knowledge,Keep it up.

    clicker heroes games | duck life 5 | cliker heroes | duck life 4 |

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was pregnant, my family surprised me by organising a baby shower ceremony, and the second surprise that I got on the same day was the similarity of gifts I received from my friends, as four of them gifted me a Kidkraft dollhouse. It was a cherishing moment, and I liked getting gifts for my unborn baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. pack excellent and also very easy to utilize yet the 4liker with billions of online individuals, and also abreast

    ReplyDelete
  7. some run skinned versions of Android and also others bestandroidtvbox simply without in fact getting an Android TV boxthis isn't one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whitney which paint did you use to paint the dollhouse pieces?

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan