Our new home.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Want to take a tour?

Ok, here we go...

Oh wait. First, a disclaimer. We moved in 4 days ago. That has to count for something. If there are things on the floor or a lack of curtains on the wall, you'll understand, right? Ok, thanks.

The living room.

IMG_9477

The kitchen and dining area. We love all the white and so much light that comes in! God has so blessed us.

IMG_9469

Another view of the living room (and the front door).

IMG_9474

View from the kitchen window.

IMG_9472

Guest room (obviously not finished... it's going to be green soon!).

IMG_9489

Ohhh yes. One of my favorite parts.

IMG_9481

Hallway leading to bedrooms.

IMG_9483

View from the front porch.

IMG_9480

Glimpse of the guest bathroom. It's obviously not finished yet, but I had to show off the new shower curtain that Grandma and I made. I love, love, love it!! Thanks, Grandma!

IMG_9487

Our adorable back deck.

IMG_9501

The sunroom - with the most amazing view! I could only show you the clean part of the room. The rest is a catch-all for now. Oh, and we got that corner cabinet a few days ago on craigslist for a steal!

IMG_9498

Our bedroom.

IMG_9492

View into the laundry room and pantry (and sunroom to the left).

IMG_9506

My new craft room doesn't look that great yet, but trust me, it's going to be one of the best parts of the house one of these days. I can't wait to put it together. It'll be my little sanctuary.

IMG_9495

Can't leave out our new neighbors. We do have other neighbors. They're less hairy.

IMG_9544

Shawn trying to make friends with our new neighbors.

IMG_9534

That's better.

IMG_9548

So I wasn't kidding... we really do live in the country now!

IMG_9556

It really is this beautiful.

IMG_9547

IMG_9559

Look at that TREE! Fall has decided to make a grand entrance.

IMG_9575

And last but not least, our sweet neighbors' tree swing! Yeahh!!!

IMG_9589

IMG_9579

Even Mom, the photographer, had to take it for a spin.

IMG_9604

Have I shown you enough to make you want to visit us? I hope so. Please, please, pretty please... if you're reading this and we know you, we probably want you to come visit us. Actually, I'm sure we do. So please come. We'll show you around quaint Franklin antique shops, roast marshmallows in the chiminea, cook you a fine Southern dinner... whatever you want! We even have a guest room!

Ok, I hope that sounded desperate enough. We miss you, Chicago people. And you, our family in two different countries (and a state that's far enough away to feel like a different country). And you, Texas friends. I'm sure I'm leaving someone out. But we do love you and want you to know that our guest room is now open for business.

Hope you enjoyed the tour!

9 comments:

  1. Okay I squealed out loud last night when I saw these pics! Taylor and I were in bed and he was reading but I made him look at all the pics with me! We LOVE your new place! It's huge! And your kitchen looks incredible- I love the light yellow. The living room is so cozy, and you're right, I do love that white corner piece. Good job! It all looks incredible and you've only been there a short time- I know it's going to be awesome! And Whitney Lane you did NOT paint that adorable little teal cabinet white did you? You totally did. It looks adorable white, and in hall (esp. with the mirror) but I can't believe you painted it! Anyways, I miss you everyday. Oh and tell your momma I love the way she's been wearing her hair. Looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and the picture of you and shawn almost made me cry. because i miss you both so much. you look like you are right where you're supposed to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your new home Whitney! We want to find something just like that for our first home too! You made it look so adorable! I cannot wait to see updated pictures of new things you add!!! I LOVE reading your blog!

    P.S.

    I squealed too when I notice you had put up a new post about your new home! I showed Matt ALL the pictures too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. whit! this is fantastic! i was a little behind on my reading so thanks so much for the tips on the wedding and i hope that even though i'm not technically an out-of-towner, i can still come over and check out the new house! beautiful and so wonderfully cozy and homey looking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps during our next trip to Huntsville we'll have to overnight in Franklin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kirra - I knew you'd have something to say about the teal cabinet going white. :) I didn't like how it turned out at first, but it's growing on me now. I just wish you could come put little Kirra touches all around! I miss you!! Please come visit. Seriously.

    Hannah - You're so sweet... tell Matt I'm sorry. Just kidding. :) I'll definitely post more pictures when it's a little more lived in! Hope all is well.

    Allison - Yes, please come over for dinner! Really! I'd love to meet your fiance too and we can talk natural living and wedding planning stuff!

    Mandie - You guys are always, always welcome. It would be so fun for Ruby to run around in the back yard. :) Hope you're feeling great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so adorable! I love your bright kitchen and your inviting Southern front porch. Also, love seeing a window into another TN couple's life, particularly one that used to live in Chicago! I grew up in the Chicago area and moved to Nashville last year to be closer to my then boyfriend, who is now my husband. We're having a grand time with newlywedding in our little white house in the Woodbine area. : )

    And hey, I don't know if you've already mentioned this, but do you know about the nashville flea market? Every last weekend of the month and filled with treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shannalee! And YES - we've been to the Flea market a couple times (not enough) and love it!! Thanks for the reminder!

      Delete
  8. This truly would be a dream location for me. I grew up in the Midwest with the open fields- and I miss it so much!! (Although Connecticut is beautiful too!)
    Eat Cake

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan