A perfect birthday.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

6:52 a.m.
Woke up to a table of flowers and presents (and a handmade card by my Shawn!)

IMG_1199

Shawn has officially learned that I really do want what I ask for - even if it doesn't seem like a "good" gift. I was jumping up and down about this one - no more trips to the post office! I'll send my Etsy packages from home!
IMG_1208

Lovely gifts from Germany - Mama & Papa know me well! I loved everything in this box.
Thank you!!
IMG_1203

8:55 a.m.
Birthday breakfast with the Brelands.
IMG_1228

IMG_1223

brye

IMG_1235

Untitled-1

IMG_1242

11:12 a.m.
Get to spend some time with this adorable little guy (who loves posing for the camera!).

gabe

And his little brother... who wasn't real thrilled with getting his picture taken (or being put down).
I just love his bib: "Party guy."
(And no, John and Erica, this is not what he did for the entire time he was with me. Promise.) :)

IMG_1243

Gabe dancing to John Mayer.

IMG_1283

1:08 p.m.
A perfect homemade lunch with Mom and Dad.
Salmon salad.
Butternut squash soup.
Gluten-free cake and strawberries for dessert.
lunch

3:54 p.m.
Manicure.
Talked about Viet Nam and how she will probably never go back to see her family there again.
Made me sad.
Told her how I'd visited a couple years ago and thought her country was beautiful.
Made her happy.

6:41 p.m.
Shawn was taking me on a dinner date, but we just so happened to stop by my parents' house first.
That's when I was SURPRISED by these guys!
(And their parents, of course.)
All 11 of these kiddos mean so much to me!
I was even more surprised because I'd already seen some of them earlier in the day.

IMG_1369

IMG_1317

IMG_1323

IMG_1326

IMG_1329

Birthday cake by my sweet friend Jennifer who couldn't be there.
Too perfect.


cake2

IMG_1346

IMG_1348

The ones who made it all possible.
My birthday party and... well... my birth. :)

IMG_1374

New friends and old friends.
Erica and I have only known each other a few months (feels like much longer!) and I have loved getting to spend time with her and her amazing family.
Kate and I have known each other since Kindergarten! She has been at all the major events in my life from elementary birthday parties to bridal showers to our weddings.
Love them both so much.

IMG_1333

Introducing the real star of the show... Keebler Tunney.


IMG_1338

IMG_1335

IMG_1337

My sweet Mom who did so much for me today!

IMG_1332

My amazing Shawn who made me feel like a princess.
He loves me so, so well.

IMG_1393

Shawn's eyes in this picture tell me it was past his bedtime. :)
IMG_1376

What a long, wonderful, perfect day!
I absolutely loved it and felt so celebrated and special.
Thank you - all of you - for making my life what it is.
Full and complete.


These precious friends gave me a couple more birthday presents on their blog! Thank you guys! I feel so undeserving of what you said but am incredibly thankful for you both.

And this cute video made me smile! Thanks for the cake and presents, Ruby!

1 comment:

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan