From whom all blessings flow.

Friday, August 23, 2013

In the past few days, we've experienced miracles.

... We bought a house. WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!! It's a little yellow house with hardwood floors, walkable to downtown, and just a few feet from a metro park. It has space for Liam, a room for Brighter Day, a fenced backyard. Oh, and did I mention it's a 10 minute walk from our brother, sister, and niece? It's a dream. (And seriously... I cannot wait to do a few before-and-after posts and lots of DIY projects that are already swimming in my head.)
... A sweet family in our church is letting us borrow one of their cars.
... Another sweet family in our church is allowing us to stay rent-free until we close on the house in a few weeks.
... My dad (Dad of the Year!) flew to Raleigh, picked up me and Liam, and we all drove back to Nashville in his car so that we could fix my car and tie up some loose ends here.

We've had so many major prayer requests that have been answered so quickly, and we can only say, "Thank you, Lord." It is all so clearly from His hand.

I was reading Psalm 147 this morning, and this verse struck me:
Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit.
What security I find in those words. What peace. My complete lack of understanding in the last few weeks has been such a source of stress - from not understanding home buying terms to not understanding why this transition has been so difficult - but what comfort comes knowing "his understanding has no limit". There's nothing that surprises Him. Nothing that worries or befuddles Him. His understanding is limitless, and so is His love.

Thank you for your prayers and happy Friday to you! I hope there are markers in your own life of God's hand at work, milestones that you can praise Him for.

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations - I look forward to future posts about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! What a great testimony of God's faithfulness to your little family after you stepped out and followed after His will (even when you didnt know what was next). Cant wait to see photos of this house!

    (Ps. I was having some problems with the commenter... I hope this doesn't post 3 times.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Whitney. I am SO happy for you guys! This is absolutely fantastic news to read. I love hearing testimonies about God's goodness and faithfulness - especially when there are times of doubt or confusion - it just goes to show how nothing is impossible for Him. xxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whitney, the reason I follow your blog is that you love the Lord and make everything about Him. And your 'making' everything about Him is probably effortless because His life so naturally flows from the hearts of those who have tasted his goodness. Thank you for reminding me that He is faithful and strong even in the midst of trial and darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been following your blog for a while but I've never commented before. Thank you for sharing your truthful journey with the Lord. Everything isn't perfect in your life but your faith is strong and it shows. Thank you for sharing with your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!
    So much proof of the Lord's goodness.
    Can't wait to see pictures!! :)

    Manda from Eat Cake

    ReplyDelete
  7. PTL! What a great blog post to read this morning! I really hope you're loving Raleigh - I sure do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Whitney! Welcome to Raleigh and to Providence.

    My husband Dennis and I met Shawn last night at the church picnic. Dennis has been on staff with Providence part-time for the past two years. I look forward to meeting you and your sweet Liam sometime soon!

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations and God's blessings on this new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading your blog and I am so excited to hear more about your new phase of life in the east coast. I too am a Tennessee girl, but I am currently in a transition phase (college senior, unsure about the future) and have been looking at North Carolina as a possible option for the future. God bless!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan