Happy Saturday!

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Shawn took me on a morning date today. We started out at Argo, where Earl Grey Vanilla Creme and great conversation with the love of my life started the day out so right. After an hour or so, we headed to the Farmer's Market that is literally one block from our doorstep. Farmer's Markets just make me giddy! The bustle of neighborhood customers carrying fresh flowers, the abundance of organic fruits and veggies, the morning light that streams down the street. I can't wait to go to the Franklin Farmer's Market at the Factory when we're in Nashville for a little while!

We had $20 to spend today and I couldn't resist taking pictures of the loot:

IMG_8162
Michigan peaches

IMG_8167
Some kind of peas? I shelled them and we had them with lunch.

IMG_8173
All of this for $20!
Lettuce, green beans, peas, corn on the cob, apples, peaches, pumpkins, squash, and bell peppers.

IMG_8176
Ahh honeycrisp. Best apples out there.

IMG_8181
Whoever invented these should get some kind of medal.
Honey straws in several flavors: lemon, blueberry, sour strawberry...

As a side note, I don't think that when Shawn got me my camera as a Christmas gift two years ago he had any idea the kind of obsession I would have with it. I love this camera. And since starting this blog, several of you have asked about it. I just wanted to mention I'm going to post in a few days about it and everything I've learned in very understandable terms (I don't know the technical terms anyway).

So anyway, when we got home, play time was over and packing had to begin. Not that packing isn't a blast, but I'd really rather be at the Farmer's Market.

Here's a little section of our living room. That's the organized part. I won't be photographing the other parts of the room. :)

IMG_8183

IMG_8184
So I got scolded early on for caring about the lettering too much.
It's actually just me not wanting to start on another box. :)

IMG_8189
I married well. Even my Shawn cares about our very light colored couch enough to wrap it in cellophane.

Anyway, I've procrastinated enough. Back to packing... or maybe sushi?
Happy Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. I still haven't been to the Farmer's Market but I have wondered about their prices. Since the Division Farmer's Market is only a 10 minute walk, I really do need to go.

    How much are apples/lb? and pumpkins?

    Lindsey Gamble

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Manila! :D
    Do you remember me, waaay back a couple years ago maybe? Erin and I were with Shawn at BFA...
    I LOVE love LOVE reading your blog-- hope you don't mind-- you inspire the creative side of me. I love to cook, decorate, and love on my family... Erin is planning to buy me a new camera soon, and I would LOVE to have that information you mentioned you would post soon about your camera :D
    We'll be back in Kansas City in June for our furlough... hope your packing goes well-- maybe we'll get to see you and Shawn next year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey - You have to go! I think it's open through October, so you still have several weeks. I wish I remembered how much everything was, but I think the apples were $1.29/lb. (for honeycrisp - the other kinds are less expensive) and the pumpkins were $1 for the bigger ones and $0.50 for the smaller ones. I hope you love it as much as we have!

    Christa - Of course I remember you!! I'm so glad you love the blog. Thanks for the encouragement. :) I hope the camera info (coming this week, if I can get it all together) helps, too. And that would be so fun to see you guys! Not sure how far Kansas City is from Dallas. Shawn has spoken so highly of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems I'm on the right track, I hope I can do well. The result was something I did and was doing to implement it.
    http://www.clickjogosclick.com

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan