My morning walk.

Friday, September 25, 2009

For the past few months, I have worked just a mile and a half from our apartment. It's been such a mild, gorgeous summer that I have walked to and from work every day. It gives me some time to prepare my heart and mind for the day as I watch the city wake up.

I wanted to remember this walk through pictures, but I waited until my last day of work (yesterday) to actually bring my camera along. It happened to be a hazy, dark morning, so the pictures aren't my favorite, but I hope they capture a little bit of how beautiful the city is!

Good morning, Mr. Street Sweeper! He is always smiling.
IMG_8208

Good morning, Lake Michigan (just past those cars).
IMG_8214

Good morning, dog walker. If there is one of you, there must be hundreds!
IMG_8212

Good morning, beautiful homes on State Street.
IMG_8213

IMG_8218

IMG_8221

IMG_8209

IMG_8222


Good morning, Lincoln Park!

The man on the left (with the black hat) has the exact same conversation with me every morning.
I love it.
It goes something like this:

Him: G'mornin' angel!
Me: Good morning!
Him: Nice weather today, huh?
Me: Yep. Have a great day!
IMG_8223

IMG_8226

IMG_8229

Good morning, least favorite part of my walk.
I always speed up a lot when I have to go through this dark tunnel.
I'm always afraid someone will be down there. :)
IMG_8230

IMG_8233

IMG_8238

Good morning, little church!
I visited this one during my first few weeks of Moody and was the only person under the age of about 70. They were very confused (as was I), but welcoming nonetheless.
IMG_8242

On Wednesdays, there's a Farmer's Market just to the right of this picture. I go every week.
IMG_8243

Good morning, very flexible, androgynous statue.
IMG_8246

IMG_8248

IMG_8251

Finally, good morning little munchkin!
She's like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
I will miss her (and her adorable smile!), but am so glad Kirra is stepping in to take good care of her. :)
livi

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan