Big birthday weekend.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

IMG_9526

Shawn turned 23 today.

And we have had a very full weekend of celebrating.

On Friday, I threw a little celebratory open house that Shawn had no idea about. I'd sent out this invitation:

blog
For those who are nervous: No that is not my real address or phone number. Being safe, I promise. :)

And seventeen of our friends and family stopped by. Shawn had no clue who would walk through the door next. We both felt so loved by every person who made the time to come. Thank you! You really blessed us with your presence. Unfortunately I only got about 10 pictures the whole night, but here are a few:

IMG_9522
Jake-o, who thinks Shawn is "the best daddy in the world." Not yet, Jake. :)

IMG_9511
The birthday boy.

IMG_9523
Sweet Josh.

IMG_9510
Tiers of cookies and brownies, courtesy of Mom. It was her first year to celebrate a son's birthday. Thanks so much, Mom, for all your help!

IMG_9506
Shawn's beautiful cake, made by Jennifer Breland. What a gift. Thank you!

IMG_9529
Making wishes.

Yesterday (Saturday) was full as well. Shawn had a photo shoot in the morning, then we joined Mom for a Predators' hockey game downtown. Trevecca's EverPraise sang a beautiful national anthem, and we stayed for most of the game.

Before the game, Shawn and I grabbed SATCO (San Antonio Taco Company), a Nashville favorite. Their cheese dip made it pretty easy to break our no dairy rule. :)

IMG_9533
My love on his last day as a 22-year-old.

IMG_9534
Doesn't it kind of look like we're in Chicago? Not nearly as cold though!

IMG_9537

IMG_9548
EverPraise on the ice

IMG_9559
Us with Tony aka Uncle Ton-Ton, our friend since we were little. Love him.

This morning, on Shawn's actual birthday, we opened presents early then headed to church where Shawn helped lead worship for the youth group. During the very first song, one of his guitar strings broke. :( Poor guy. But he handled it with grace, put his guitar down, and kept singing.

Tonight we had a lovely birthday dinner of roast and potatoes and sparkling red grape juice with Mom and Dad at their house.

I think it's safe to say this birthday boy has been sufficiently celebrated. :)

IMG_9564

I'm so thankful for my sweet husband, that the Lord chose to bring him into this world on this day 23 years ago. He is my best friend, my rock, my biggest cheerleader, my spiritual leader. I couldn't be more excited to see how God is shaping his life and drawing him closer to Himself every day. I'm one lucky girl to get a front row seat.

I love you, sweet Shawn.

Happy #23!

3 comments:

  1. Love the address. *wink, wink* Wish you guys were here so we could have dropped in, too!

    Brian made a slide show for R.'s 2nd birthday and both of you made the cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so fun!! Happy belated birthday, Ruby!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish we could've been there friend!!!! Happy Birthday Shawn!!!!!! We love you!!!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan