Nashville faves.

Friday, December 18, 2009

I want to give a round of applause to my hometown.

Waaaay back (5 years ago) when I was in high school, Nashville was not known for its shopping. At all. You'd probably think just the opposite with all of the country music stars roaming the stores, but it just wasn't the case. No great malls, still no Nordstrom (although it's coming soon!), and overall, we just seemed way behind the times compared to other cities. Many of my friends in high school even drove the 4 hours to Atlanta to shop for a prom dress!

Well, since being away for college, Nashville has added a few wonderful stores that make my life here just a little happier.

Let me introduce you to a few new Nashville favorites of mine. We can call this the "National Chain Edition" as there are more than a few possible posts about amazing local shops!

1. Whole Foods.

whole-foods-at-bellevue-wa

This is the least recent addition to our city, but it's still very worth mentioning. In my gluten-free world, there is no other store that rivals Whole Foods in selection. And not only that, but walking through their doors feels like freedom to me because I can trust everything on their shelves to be real food. Yes, it's more expensive. But for a few key gluten-free items and some other specialty health foods, it's a must. And ahhh... I love it.

2. Trader Joe's.

trader_joes_exterior

This is a very recent addition to Nashville and is only about 15 minutes away from us! It just so happens to be the only Trader Joe's in all of Tennessee, so we really lucked out. I love the creative packaging at TJ's and the price. Price is key. I go there for lots of staple pantry items and always end up spending less than I think I should've spent (always a good problem to have).

3. Chipotle.

chipotle

A new chipotle (and Nashville's 2nd) just opened on December 11 about 15 minutes away from us. Praise the Lord! I think Chipotle solves all ills. If you're having a bad day, eat at Chipotle. If you're having a good day, eat at Chipotle. It's perfection in a bowl (or a tortilla, of course). Not only is it delicious, it's healthy! They even serve free-range, no-hormone chicken and dairy. And I think my love for it must be genetic... Kelsey feels the same passion as I do - maybe even more ("Chipotle" was in her vows! No joke.). :)

I've saved the best for last...

4. Anthropologie. Or for those who have become best friends with it like I have, just "Anthro." Or "Heaven."

anthropologie_1.JPG

I don't even know what to say about this place except that it inspires me like nothing else. No, I can't afford anything outside the sale section, but it's more about browsing and getting ideas than anything. If you have one near you, please go! Consider it a Christmas gift to yourself. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan