Hi, Clay!

Monday, April 12, 2010

"It is I who made the earth
and created mankind upon it.
My own hands stretched out the heavens;
I marshaled their starry hosts."
Isaiah 45:12

Our neighbor
 has an astronaut for a friend. His name is Clayton Anderson and he is currently working at the International Space Station, which orbits the earth at the rate of 17,000 miles per hour.

Our neighbor figured out what time the space station would be passing over us, and he and Shawn met in our adjoining driveway at 4:19 AM to try to capture it. 

And they did.

IMG_3612

See that line? That's Clay. In space.

And here he is passing into the sky. Apparently you could only see him for around a minute. I wonder if his family wakes up at 4:19 AM to see him. I think it would be so comforting.

IMG_3613

He spent some time walking in space, repairing a water tank yesterday.
Amazing, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan