Our [very perfect] weekend.

Monday, April 5, 2010



IMG_3255

This weekend was as close to perfect as it gets. The weather was flawless and we were surrounded by more family and friends than we could count. We had a late night celebrating a birthday by a fire pit, a glorious Easter morning complete with an egg hunt in our yard, and lots of baking, painting, and gardening. Spring is really showing off this year in Tennessee and we are loving every bit of it.

Here are some bits and pieces of our weekend through my lens... 

On Friday, I turned these:
IMG_3238


IMG_3244
into these:


IMG_3260
for this girl's birthday.


jamie


IMG_3345
Her soon-to-be niece is precious. And she loves the camera!


addison
addison2
We bought and planted a few herbs.
herbs

And did some (much-needed) weeding.
weeds

Saturday morning was rainy, so it was spent painting and baking inside.


IMG_3348



IMG_3349
{I don't have a jadite cake plate in real life, but I'll paint one anyway. :)}



baking
{You know it's a Martha recipe when it calls for 3 sticks of butter...}
Sunday morning, we had our first Easter egg hunt in our back yard. Shawn and Chris "hid" the eggs, which meant they were all in plain view because our "hunter" was just 2 years old.
IMG_3385

IMG_3382

These spots cracked me up.


eggs



gabe

I think he was a pretty happy kid.


gabe2

Poor little brother was jealous... next year, buddy!
IMG_3451

The newlyweds enjoyed the incredible weather.


IMG_3438
IMG_3444

And we all ate and laughed and ate some more.


IMG_3458
IMG_3456


desserts
I loved on this guy (how could you not?).
IMG_3461

And I loved on this guy too.


IMG_3396
Hope your weekend was perfect, too!

6 comments:

  1. Aw it looks so pretty there!!! And did you make Martha Stewart's carrot cake?! I am cracking up because so did I. So fun. Even apart we think alike. And I love your painting. And you. See you in May?! Just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We DO think so much alike, it cracks me up! Yes, that was Martha's carrot cake, although I made the pecans on the outside too big. Oops. And I altered it to be gluten-free (selfishly) and thankfully it came out wonderfully. :) I loved your weekend pictures and all your flea market finds! You have such a great eye. What are you crafting? I want to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was there for the chocolate covered strawberries! Whitney, I will be coming back to Nashville in a month and would love to see you sometime. Will you still be in TN?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, ha. I can't believe the "hidden" green egg is even staying in place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah - I'd love to see you too! Let me know when you're in town and we'll have you over for dinner or something. So glad you're coming back!!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan