Our very wonderful trip.

Saturday, April 24, 2010



Ahh, California.
Let me just warn you ahead of time, this is a long post. With tons of pictures. I tried to pare it down, but I just couldn't stand to leave out too much. I'll keep the commentary spare. I think the pictures speak for themselves.
IMG_3717

Untitled-2


The reason we were in California in the first place is captured in this one very awkward photo. My parents were leading worship for the CLA conference, and Shawn and I came to join them in their worship band. This was the only song that Shawn didn't play guitar, too.
IMG_4014


Coronado.
What a gorgeous, perfect place. 
With our dear friend Justin as our guide, he showed us around this famous little beach town. This was also Shawn's first time in the Pacific Ocean!
The water was chilly and clear, and the air warm and sunny. It was our one perfect weather day of the trip and we soaked it up.
IMG_3733

IMG_3730

IMG_3740

IMG_3723

IMG_3745


The homes in Coronado are precious (and I'm sure, millions of dollars. But that's beside the point).
There are roses everywhere, clean sidewalks, mowed lawns, and white picket fences. You'd think you were on a movie set.
I wouldn't mind living in this house....
IMG_3752
Moo-time ice cream = heavenly.
IMG_3760
Paradise Point Resort.
We ate lunch here right next to the water with Justin.
The bird in the picture looks innocent, but actually, swooped down and took a hunk out of Justin's burger. Lovely.
Untitled-2

IMG_3781



Old Town.
I'm sure to most San Diego natives, this is a tourist trap. But we enjoyed exploring it anyway. :)

IMG_3802

Only in California do amazingly gorgeous flowers just grow all over a restaurant. What?!
IMG_3820

Ever had chocolate-covered gummy bears and cappuccino caramels? Yum.
Untitled-1

us

At the top of the city.
This place was gorgeous. After winding up a steep mountain on a one-way street for a few miles, we landed here. The base of many steps that led to the most stunning 360 degree view of San Diego.
Untitled-1

IMG_3830

IMG_3872

Untitled-1

IMG_3856
Casters' home.
This was definitely the highlight of our trip! We'd been talking about visiting the Casters for so long, it was exciting to actually be in their home. Justin, obviously, was in his element... flipping across the back yard (look at those pointed toes!) and climbing trees, as you'll see later.
We so wish we lived closer and could hang out here more often. Justin has the most amazing family that I can't believe I didn't take more pictures of. I guess they'll have to make a trip out to Nashville soon... :)
IMG_3932

IMG_3958

IMG_3956

IMG_3960

IMG_3938

IMG_3971
I'm ashamed I didn't get more pictures here because we had such a fun time, but this cake that Katie made was to die for. And - get this - gluten-free! She is quite the gluten-free baker!IMG_3975



After dessert, a game of dominoes ensued with Justin, Katie, Christina, and Nick, who are the funnest family who we love very much, even though we just got to know them. :)
IMG_3983
dominoes

California nature.
I had forgotten just how lush the foliage is in California. Even the weeds growing on the side of the interstate are colorful and beautiful.
This might be my favorite picture that I've ever taken... and my favorite flower I've ever seen... and it was just hanging out in Justin's back yard.
IMG_3943

IMG_3713

IMG_3711



Ok, I know we're not flowers. But look at the huge ones behind us! This was at our hotel, where there were around 1500 rose bushes in bloom.
Untitled-3

Untitled-2

IMG_3963

IMG_3949
IMG_3724

5 comments:

  1. aaaahhhh - love the pics and so jealous that you were in CA (and with warm weather!). looks like a blast of a time!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like San Diego. SO glad you got to go. Loved all the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pics! Especially the ones of the roses ~ you captured them. It was so fun to have you guys with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was able to tour san diego at the conclusion of a mission trip. i saw so many of the same things you did. what fun memories. glad you had such a great trip. i imagine your new favorite photo would sell well as a print in your shop, gorgeous! great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this.

    #1 you are the most beautiful woman i've ever seen
    #2 you and your darling are sooooo cute together! I love the picture of you kissing on the hill top.
    #3 i can tell you've got a lovely heart and sweet spirit

    Thanks for commenting on my blog so I could find you!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan