First day of school.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

School starts tomorrow.
IMG_4485

I'm already starting to get those pesky first-day-of-school butterflies in my stomach. I'll probably arrive to my class with 45 minutes to spare, just to make sure I find the right classroom and am not stumbling in awkwardly late. I'll eat a good breakfast, wear my favorite outfit, and get plenty of sleep tonight.

I sound like I'm about to start third grade again.

But really, I'm beginning an accelerated Anatomy & Physiology I class tomorrow which will pack a semester's worth of information into 6 weeks. Then I'll do it again for A&P II. What am I thinking?

It feels a little weird already, being a full-time student (plus an ongoing online class), a part-time painter, and a full-time wife. It's a lot on my plate, but we knew what we were getting into and I know it will be so, so worth it when I walk across the stage in less than 2 years from now with a nursing degree!

All that to say, I'm thankful for a husband who gets excited about school supply shopping with me, doesn't flinch when I pay my enormous school bill, and tells me he's confident I'm going to be the best nurse ever. I know I'm going to need him more than ever in these upcoming months. He's even ok that I'm already slacking in the shopping and cooking department. We've been eating breakfast for dinner or eating out most evenings, and he acts as if he enjoys it just as much as a full-out home cooked meal. What a guy.

IMG_4499

IMG_4500

So if the blog posts get a little sparse in the upcoming months, you'll understand why, right? You'll even have an idea of what I'm doing... dissecting something, cramming for an exam, or... of course... painting.

I really love my life. :)

5 comments:

  1. you can do it, girl!! super excited for you. :) PTL that God provided Shawn for you in this season!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with A&P Whitney! It was my favorite class last semester in PT school. I know you'll do great, and Shaun is right...you'll be a great nurse! Happy first day of school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he's right too.
    yeah, you can skip posting the dissection photos! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Nurses are such an amazing group of professionals. I've been beyond thankful for the care nurses have given my father-in-law the last 3 months. Thank you for doing that.

    2. Are your dishes from Pottery Barn? They're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robin -
    Good guess - the dishes are from Pottery Barn! They're the "Emma" pattern. I absolutely love them. They're heavy and big to hold a lot, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan