National geographic in a hanging basket.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A mama finch decided to take up residence in our hanging basket. I'm very glad she did. I even let our flowers die because I was afraid I would disturb her nesting.

The poor thing built her nest just before the flood, and stayed on top of those eggs during the 48 hours of storming. That's one dedicated mama if you ask me.
IMG_4125

A few days after the flood, this happened.
IMG_4105

And these fuzzy little clumps arrived into the world.
IMG_4118

Within a week or so, they started looking like birds.
IMG_4343

Most precious thing ever?
IMG_4437

I think so.

3 comments:

  1. On your porch! LOVE it! Reminds me of a birdhouse Shawn made and gave to Erik. But, in this you can WATCH the birdies and not just hear them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, their Einstein hair is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look like they're singing! So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan