Raw treats.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

IMG_5821
I have to give my mom all the credit for introducing me to this recipe. It's a raw vegan dessert (which makes it dairy-free), and it's also gluten-free and sugar-free. It tastes a lot like oatmeal raisin cookie dough bites to me, but I've seen it called Walnut Raisin Truffles or even Walnut Raisin Fudge.

Whatever it is, it's delicious.

Here are the easy peasy steps.

Your ingredients:
Raisins
Coconut (preferably the kind without added sugar)
Walnuts
IMG_5809

Scoop out 1 cup of walnuts and dump it into your food processor.
IMG_5811
IMG_5812

Grab 1 cup of raisins and do the same.
IMG_5813

Pulse a few times to mix.
IMG_5814

Then let it blend for about a minute.
IMG_5815

Amazingly, it'll begin to clump together and have the same exact texture as cookie dough.
IMG_5816

Pull out 1 teaspoon of dough and roll it in your hands.
IMG_5817

Then pour some coconut onto a plate.
IMG_5818

And roll the little ball around until it's fully coated with coconut. 
IMG_5819
You can also use carob chips, cinnamon, or any number of coatings to change it up a bit. This made about 15 teaspoon-size truffles, which is plenty because of their rich flavor.

Enjoy!
IMG_5820

4 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome. I might just make these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so delcious and easy. Carob would be a nice addition.

    I love your great blog - thoughts, pictures, book recommendations etc.

    My daughter (who also graduated from Moody), told me about your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i make these all the time!! so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so yummy! I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan