Sage advice.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Advice:
"Do one thing every day that scares you."
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Application:
IMG_9936
IMG_9945
IMG_9943

Tonight I did something scary.
I taught this very famous painting by Van Gogh to a group of 31 people.

Now normally, this painting stage is actually a place of comfort for me. I absolutely adore my job and look forward to each day that I get to share my love for art with people, some of whom have never held a paint brush.

But for some reason, this one painting had been haunting me from the calendar for weeks. It felt like so much pressure to paint something so famous.

But I'm happy to say that I was able to take a deep breath, step on that stage with [feigned] confidence, and paint something that somewhat resembles the original. :)
Thank you, Lord!

Eleanor was right - we should do something scary every day. That way, we earn just enough courage to do something even scarier the next time.

5 comments:

  1. I wish you could see my jaw drop. WHITNEY! You are amazing!!!!! That painting is unreal!!!! I am so proud of you. Wow. Super impressed by your mad skills.

    P.S. The farmers market on divison st. is calling my name and I miss, miss, MISS you and Shawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! If we move back to Tennessee, I think I might just have to sign up for one of your classes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl, cracks me up that this scares you - cuz i think you are a fantastic artist and really can do ANYTHING! you did a beyond awesome job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, babe! Wow! Even better than I imagined when you told me last night. That one will definitely sell. I'm so glad you got a good pic of you teaching, too. Can't believe we haven't done that before. Love you so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. this is truly inspiring. i wish i could've been there because this is one of my very favorite paintings. of all time.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan