Slowing down.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

This weekend brought long, uninterrupted hours with my sweet husband. I needed it. We needed it. We were long past due to turn off our cell phones, take a leisurely drive, linger over a meal, and just be together.


We headed to Nashville on the hunt for a brunch spot with at least one gluten-free option (not as easy as it may sound). We tried Pancake Pantry, a personal favorite (and they have gluten-free pancakes!), but with about 50 people standing outside in line, it quickly became less appealing.


{Downtown Nashville}
IMG_9750
{Warm, windows-down kind of drive.}
IMG_9788

So we landed on this place, a new find for us.
IMG_9753
IMG_9757
IMG_9762
IMG_9758
{Gluten-free muffin. Score!}
IMG_9759
IMG_9766
IMG_9765

On our way home, we stopped by the year-round Farmer's Market near downtown.
Are you getting tired of farmer's market pics? I feel like they're always on my blog... but hey. The love I have for them is deep in my heart.
IMG_9777
IMG_9778

But even fresher than a farmer's market, if I may say so myself, were these lovely veggies I picked from our own garden today.
This little garden of ours has exploded so much more than we expected!
IMG_9812
Two kinds of tomatoes, a cucumber, squash, okra, jalapeños.
All in a day!
I'm trying to be patient enough to wait until our watermelons get full-size before picking them... I am way too excited about those.
IMG_9811

Another fun find this weekend (from DrinkHaus) was this.
I've been on the hunt for a to-go mug for so long - one that's not plastic, that's cute, and can go in the dishwasher.
Could it get any cuter than this?
It's a porcelain cup with a silicone top and sleeve and a little removable tea kettle button to tie your tea bag string around.
IMG_9814

I've also been doing some crafting this weekend to celebrate the re-opening of BrighterDay!
These little headbands and accessories will be in the shop in no time.
IMG_9809
IMG_9815
IMG_9825

Hope you've enjoyed the hodgepodge of wonderful that was our weekend and enjoyed a hodgepodge of wonderful yourself.

2 comments:

  1. MY favorite part of the farmer's markets is all the hand-written signs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You're such a good photographer. I reeeeally liked your photos with veggies. Light and shadows, small noise - everything is perfect. I'm fond of photography too. But instead of photographing, I do Writemyessayonline review. But I'm not leaving my dream. Soon I'll be as good as you are!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan