Eat your greens.

Friday, February 18, 2011

I wish I could say I ate lots of salad because I knew how good it was for me.
But really, it all depends on the dressing.
A good dressing can make or break a salad, don't you think?

This is the easiest, yummiest salad dressing that you can easily make fresh every time you eat salad at home - or you could make extra and store it in the refrigerator. It's light, tangy, good for you, sugar free (hard to find in store bought dressings) and the ingredients are simple.
Untitled-2
IMG_6766
IMG_6767
IMG_6768

4 simple ingredients: 
1. 1/2 cup of good extra virgin olive oil
2. 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar 
(the health benefits are endless)
3. 1 heaping tablespoon of dijon mustard
4. 1 heaping teaspoon of minced garlic

Combine all ingredients in a blender, food processor, or (my favorite) a Magic Bullet. :) Blend for a few seconds until you get a creamy texture. Pour on your favorite salad and enjoy!

You could use this simple recipe to make lots of different additions... I've added fresh herbs and even a dollop of apricot jam to sweeten it a bit. 

Hope you enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I love making my own dressing. I will definitely have to try this one! And beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney, I make a very similar dressing too! All of those ingredients but add fresh basil and 1/2 cup of shredded parm. TRY IT! :) I totally make mine in the bullet too! love it! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! and I have a huge bottle of apple cider vinegar that I've been trying to find recipes to use it with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree, the dressing makes all the difference! Thanks for the recipe! I'm not a big mustard fan, though... Does this taste very mustard-y?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie, it isn't mustard-y at all!! I'm not a fan of mustard either - it just gives it that creamy texture. It tastes like a vinaigrette, not like mustard. Hope you try it! :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan