A first.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

The other night at work I had a first.
I had just finished teaching this 3-hour painting:


and a lady in the front row walked up to me on the stage.


Her: Do you happen to be Melodie Tunney's daughter?
Me: Yes, I am.
Her: Well then, I think we've been acquainted for a very long time. I delivered you.


Sure enough, I recognized her when she said her name (we'd met since my birth, obviously). :) I thought it was so cool. So full circle. So surreal. I guess I never really know who's out there behind those easels...

4 comments:

  1. HOW COOL!
    Why does your maiden name sound so familiar? Like I've heard it at church or something . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may have heard it at church... my parents are Christian musicians and have done lots of concerts in churches and even have some songs they've written in hymnals! :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan