Brighter Day Patterns: Sydney Clutch.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I've been working hard on my very first digital sewing patterns, and I've decided to release the Sydney Clutch pattern first. It's a super popular design, simple enough for beginners, and will be available in plenty of time for Christmas. If you weren't sure what to give your mom or best friend or sister? Make them a clutch! There's nothing like giving something handmade, and something you've personalized with your own fabric choices. I've designed this pattern and tutorial so that even a beginner can tackle it, zipper and all. There are photos of each step and plenty of explanations.

Some questions answered: 
How long does it take for the pattern to be delivered? Once your payment goes through, you'll be able to download the pattern immediately, print it at home, and get started.

Can I sell what I make from the pattern? Yes! The Sydney Clutch is one of my top sellers, and you can now sell it in your own shop or handmade market.

How long does it take to make one clutch? This definitely depends on your sewing experience, but allowing two to three hours should be plenty of time.

I'll also be putting a few "hardware kits" in my shop which include the pre-cut faux leather pieces for the corners and zipper pull, as well as the metal zipper. You can definitely find these things outside of my shop (and cut your own faux leather), but I thought it may make things easier to have them cut and sent to your door. I'll also be selling full kits - fabric, hardware, pattern and all - in the very near future.
Woohoo! I'm excited to make this available to all of my DIY friends out there, just in time for Christmas!

6 comments:

  1. Does this mean you aren't doing any more sewing in your shop? I'm sure you will be missed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll still be doing some sewing, but I'm hoping to move the business to more patterns in the long run. Hours of sewing every day doesn't really fit in with having a one year old in the house! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! When will the pattern be available?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I can't wait! We are getting into the winter months and there's nothing more I'd love to be doing than sitting inside sewing!!

    http://ashleenikol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas came early! And, I just may have to make one for myself, too :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan