Coming soon: Patterns.

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Since Liam has been much more mobile, it's been nearly impossible to get anything done, especially when it comes to sewing. (You moms are all nodding your heads... you could've seen this from a mile away.)

So the whole trying-to-sew-while-Liam-is-awake is just not working. As I've opened the shop back up, it's been equally exciting and overwhelming to see orders rolling in because my time with the sewing machine is just so limited right now. 

But I think I've come up with a solution. I really want to keep Brighter Day going, but would love to spend my free time doing something other than sewing. 

The solution? 
Sewing patterns! 

In just a couple weeks, I'll be unveiling my very first sewing pattern to purchase for immediate digital download. The first pattern I'm working on is a roomy ruffle tote with an inside zipper pocket and a magnetic snap. It will be available in my Etsy shop as well as here on the blog. I'll guide you step by step with photos and diagrams, so that it will be perfectly suitable even for beginners. There will also be pattern pieces to print out and tape together and use over and over again. Purchasing the pattern will also allow you to make the bag to sell - either in your own Etsy shop or elsewhere. And it's coming out in plenty of time to make these as Christmas gifts!

How does this sound? Intriguing? Overwhelming? I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions... and even what other patterns you'd like to see. I know lots of you have asked about a pattern for the Sydney clutch, so that may be my very next venture. 

9 comments:

  1. I'm excited. I might be able to do a mother daughter sewing project with pictures to help me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your idea Whitney!! I enjoy sewing but I am not very experienced so step by step instructions with pictures sounds perfect!! I would love the pattern for your clutches with the rounded cover and the little flowers on them. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!!

      Delete
  3. Just starting sewing and would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait! I love your blog and your wonderful creations. I'm not great with drafting my own patterns, so I look forward to your patterns!! I'll be one of your fist customers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great, looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I already make a tote but would love to try something new. The clutch sounds great:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! i can wait to see your patterns and start sewing.. I actually have to make 8 purses as a presents for my daughters's school (January) and i love your purses .. will be great if you get the patterns soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a wonderful idea! Way to go young momma :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan