The sewing pattern is HERE!

Monday, November 25, 2013


I'd planned on having an incredibly productive weekend. Shawn was home and available to watch Liam, so I made tea and turned on Pandora and was all set up to tackle several Brighter Day orders and finish up the clutch tutorial. And then, all of a sudden, I accidentally grabbed my rotary cutter by its blade and sliced my thumb all the way down to the muscle. Ouch. The doctor at the urgent care center took one look and said, "Yeah... that's gonna need stitches." So he stitched me up and it's feeling terrible but looking really good. And I realized quickly that your thumb is one of those things you need to get any sewing done... or cooking, cleaning, packing for Thanksgiving trips, or tending to a one year old. The Lord knows exactly what we need. I thought I needed productivity. He knew I needed rest. He won.

All that to say, I am very thankful I was still able to wrap up the pattern and tutorial for the Sydney clutch and it's available HERE! I'm so excited! I also have some DIY clutch kits available in the shop, both for the hardware and for the hardware + fabric. I've been as thorough as possible with pictures of each step, and I even included a page of fabric resources to let you in on my secrets of where I purchase all my supplies. Even the beginner beginner can do this and come out with a classy purse to give as a gift or keep for yourself. 

While the digital pattern is available as an immediate download as soon as you purchase it, the kits will be sent out Monday, Dec. 2 as soon as I get back in town from Thanksgiving.

It feels like the most wonderful time of the year to be making hot chocolate, dusting off your sewing machine, and creating handmade gifts for those you love. So happy shopping and happy sewing!

5 comments:

  1. Ouch! Hope you heal quickly. (And yay for the pattern!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job; the pattern looks great.

    Hope your thumb heals quickly & you get some extra rest in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made my first Sydney Clutch last night. I LOVE it! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan