Leavin' on a jet plane.

Monday, July 14, 2014

Our passport photos, via Instagram @whitneynewby
Today, the three of us are boarding a 9-hour flight to Germany! Shawn's parents live in the Black Forest and I've yet to get to see where Shawn was born and raised. We had the goal of visiting before Liam turns two - plus, Shawn hasn't been back in nearly 7 years. 

We planned this trip a few months ago, long before we knew we'd be selling one house and buying another, all in the same month. The timing has been challenging, but by God's grace and the help of many friends and neighbors while we're gone, doable. The week we get back will be moving week. Whew.

So we're off! We can't wait. And especially getting to be there one day after Germany won the World Cup - the excitement and national pride will be palpable, I'm sure. 

We'll be gone for a very full, very wonderful 10 days. I've set up a few blog posts while I'm gone, but the blog will be much quieter. If you'd like to keep up with our trip, follow me on Instagram @whitneynewby

Auf Wiedersehen!

4 comments:

  1. I love this so much! It's so funny.. I just took my husband to see where I'm from and grew up after not going for 7 years. Because of being a little baby in Europe, my parents traveled with me from a young age and that's really sparked a desire in me to do the same.. it's super encouraging to see y'all taking Liam on this trip and I can't wait to glean some wisdom from your experience, tucking it away for years to come! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you put the picture of Liam between you two, it's so obvious what a mix he is of both parents! So cute. Enjoy your trip!! I've heard Freiburg is so charming...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your trip to my wonderful homecountry! You will love it, i am sure :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan