What we can do.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

UPDATE (6:30am on Thursday morning): You guys are amazing. I had no idea the response would be this great, but in less than 12 hours, we've raised $267.75 for Haiti!!! To God be the glory, GREAT things He has done! I am so excited to package these pieces up and send them off to you. Thank you for inspiring me with your giving hearts!

haiti

I'm sure we've all seen the images by now.

My heart is so heavy for Haiti today, and I've been praying about what I can do. We can all do something, right? Here's what I've come up with...

IMG_0928

From now until Monday, January 19, 100% of the proceeds from BrighterDay will go directly to World Vision toward their relief efforts in Haiti.

World Vision staff is already on the ground in Haiti, assessing the situation, and preparing an emergency response.

So go shopping and make a difference all at once!
Buy some earrings or a ring or a hair pin and know that your entire purchase will be a donation that will go to our friends in Haiti.
And maybe when you wear your new jewelry, you'll think to pray.

Our pastor sent us some ideas of how we can pray:

- Haiti, as a country, pledged its loyalty to cultic practice and voodoo. It has long been a country that has ignored the Gospel and the God of the scriptures. Pray for spiritual awakening.
- There are many missionaries who have served this country faithfully for years. Pray that God would use this event to cause Haitians to question who God is. Pray that these missionaries would be able to leverage their love and service to reveal the truths of Jesus more directly than ever before.
- Haiti has been a disaster economically. Let's pray that God would use this tragic event to cause other nations to get involved in eliminating corruption and providing economic redevelopment and that children, especially, would no longer have to live in neglect.

To God be the glory in the midst of this unbelievable tragedy.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea, Whitney! I love your sweet heart. Think I'll be doing some shopping! Also am thankful for the ideas from your Pastor about specific ways to pray for Haiti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'm a friend of Michael's and it's been so encouraging to read your blog for the past few months! And I love love love pretty much every item in your Etsy store! Looks like now is the perfect time to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whit, this is beautiful. I posted it on my blog (That you were donating your sales and such). I hope you don't mind. Let me know if you do. This is really beautiful though.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan