Happy Birthday, Mom!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy, happy birthday, Mom!


Can you believe this woman is 50 today?!
(I hope I get her unbelievable non-aging genes!)

Mom,

I am so thankful for you.

I'm thankful for the wife you are to Dad, loving and serving him so well for 29 years. You work and travel and minister alongside him with complete joy and it's incredible to watch.

I'm thankful for the mom you are to me, constantly blessing me with your friendship, your deep wisdom, and lavish love. Thank you for loving Shawn as your own son, too. It means so much to see you accept him into our family with open arms.

I'm thankful for the daughter you have been to Grams and Grandaddy. I know you must miss Grams terribly today, and it's not easy being away from Grandaddy today either. You have been such a faithful, loyal daughter to them, truly honoring them at every turn.

I'm thankful for the humble servant you are to your hospice patients who undoubtedly love every time you visit.

You are the role model the Lord knew I needed, and I am so proud to call you my mom! I am celebrating your life today.

I love you so much,
Whit


For anyone reading this, I know Mom would be so thankful on her birthday if you would say a prayer for her dad, Broadman. He is undergoing rigorous treatment for esophageal cancer and just this morning had a seizure and is back in the hospital. He is fighting courageously against the cancer that is trying to destroy his body, but if you would, please pray for peace and comfort for him today. Thanks.

4 comments:

  1. What an incredible tribute to your Mom! I'm praying for your grandfather too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Mrs. Tunney!! I will be praying for your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom is one amazing woman of God and I am so thankful for her! I am praying for your sweet grandpa.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan