Living to display the Gospel.

Friday, January 1, 2010

I can't think of a better way to begin the new year than with a perspective check.

For us, it came in the form of this sermon by Francis Chan.

The next time you have 43 minutes of time (hopefully today), I highly recommend listening to this sermon.

Click here to watch the sermon.*

I don't want to give it too much of a preface because it very much speaks for itself. This sermon encapsulates exactly what I think the Christian life should be about. Many of us have simply, sadly, lost sight of it.

After hearing this sermon, Shawn and I are praying about what this means for us specifically. We are passionate about adoption and hope to adopt in the future, but now really isn't the time. We are praying God will show us where to simplify, how to give sacrificially, and how to trust that we cannot "outgive" Him.

I pray it stirs something in your heart as well.

God bless you, friends, on the first day of this new year!




*If you have trouble uploading the sermon, you can go to www.cornerstonesimi.com, then click on "Media" then "Listen to messages" then the sermon is entitled "Living to Display the Gospel" and was given on 3/15/09.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you listen to Francis! He is so wonderful! I had such an amazing time going to his church while in Cali. They are doing some amazing things for the poor and needy! I'm excited to listen to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! I didn't really even connect the dots that you would be in the same area. His messages are incredibly inspiring... I have "Crazy Love" on my list for this year, too. I think you will totally connect with this particular message.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan