Thank you

Saturday, November 6, 2010

... for the beautiful, deep insight you shared regarding what I wrote yesterday.
... for choosing to wrestle through this with me.
... for the sweet emails I received from you asking me not to stop blogging because it would make you sad.

All of the above was so encouraging, and no, I definitely won't stop blogging. I love blogging. As in I've-written-281-posts love it. I just needed a reality check for myself that blogging can be a huge blessing, but can easily become a misplaced priority. As with every other area in life, it's important to take a giant step back and assess your motives and your heart behind even good things. So my blog may look a little different from your viewpoint as a reader, but it may not. My heart and motives behind it will definitely be different though, and I think that will only make it a better blog.

To quickly address the anonymous comment that was left, I so apologize that you feel what I've written has not been authentic. I surely strive or authenticity not only online but in real life, but at the same time, am very careful about what I put on the internet. For example, if I wrote in detail about something I disagreed with my husband about, I can only imagine how that could be misconstrued as thinking we weren't doing well in our marriage, which wouldn't be true. Also, I believe Philippians 4:8 very much applies to blogging:

Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

I don't have to persuade you about how much trash there is on the internet. If my blog can be a source of light by celebrating the beauty of the life God has so richly blessed me with, then by all means, I want to make Him great by writing about it. I try to be quick in reminding everyone (including myself) that my wonderful husband, my beautiful home, my insatiable creativity - it's all from Him.

Lastly, my sweet Mama Newby reminded me that blogging has been an incredible creative outlet for me - and that is so true. I am a happier, more content person when I can create. And when I know you enjoy little crafts and recipes I try at my house, blogging about it is really fun. Later on today, I'll be posting a quick little DIY project that I think you'll really like.

Again, thank you for your encouragement and your wisdom. Your words yesterday lifted my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan