A little before and after.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

This used to be my nightstand:
4660-92_4

That's not my photo of it, but because I forgot to take a "before" picture, I had to find one online. My parents purchased it as part of a set when I was in 5th grade, so it's had a good long life already. It was currently being used as a printer stand, and it was looking a little... well... frumpy.

It needed a facelift, and here's what it got!

IMG_6515
IMG_6519
IMG_6514
IMG_6518

For Christmas, I got a sander (and a jigsaw and a soldering iron - yippee!) and this was my first project with it.

I sanded the whole thing down, then painted it with several coats of Olympic Colonial White paint. I then took the sander to it again and sanded down the edges. I then used Early American stain by Minwax to add a little stain to some of the sanded edges. It gives it an even more worn look. I just applied it with one rag then wiped most of it up with another clean rag. I finished it off with a coat of water-based polyurethane, changed the knobs, and that's it!

IMG_6517

More projects coming soon. :)

5 comments:

  1. It turned out great - now it goes more with your house, at least from the pictures I've seen on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i asked for a sander for Christmas from my parents..I only asked for 1 thing from them to ensure I'd get it, but I received bread pans instead...oh well! Please keep telling us how you redo your furniture...it's the next thing I want to start doing & need to learn how :) I love the way this turned out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it really came out great! Very sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she's beautiful, inspiring project as always, can't wait for the rest!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan