Bliss.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Dear Saturday morning,

I've waited (not-so-patiently) for your arrival all week long.
Now you're here! And you're glorious.

This week was exciting,
exhausting,
stretching,
and affirming
that nursing is exactly what I'm supposed to be doing.
It is such a privilege to learn at such a rapid pace
(about a week and a half of a normal semester per day)
but I could not be more thrilled to be part of this program.
I can't believe at this time next year, I'll be taking the NCLEX
and, Lord willing, starting a job!
I'm praying He leads in what setting I'm supposed to pursue...
so far my favorites are acute care/trauma and community health,
but we will see.

A few things I'll be doing today:

1. Admiring our new garden, in its very humble beginnings.
IMG_9647
We planted a vegetable (and fruit) garden last year,
and despite our lack of any gardening knowledge - it worked!
We're hopeful it will this year, too.
We've decided not to plant any vines this year,
as it was so difficult to find anything under them once they completely covered the rest of the plants.
So far, we've planted 3 types of tomatoes (including a kind called "Mr. Stripey," whose name cracks me up). We've also planted jalapeños, bell peppers, okra, squash and zucchini, and more.
IMG_9649
Grow, little garden, grow!

2. Playing with my new toy.
IMG_9643
My new sewing machine came in the mail yesterday!
I was only home for about 20 minutes between class and work,
and I spent every second admiring its never used buttons,
smelling the brand new plastic,
and dreaming of projects for the future.
Seriously, I'm so excited.
IMG_9641
I loved my $27 thrift store machine dearly,
but it'll be so refreshing not to fight with a machine
to do what you're asking it to do.
This one is like driving a Cadillac in comparison!
I have a feeling a lot of my Saturday will be playing with her.

3. Studying. No surprises there.

4. Teaching. No surprises there either.

5. Loving every minute I get to spend with my Shawn.

So Saturday,
I wouldn't mind if you smelled like fresh brewed coffee,
looked like warm sun through our windows,
and took your sweet time.

Love,
Whitney

6 comments:

  1. Your machine looks great!!!! I know it will be so fun to use. Can't wait to see some of your new creations . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post is a breath of fresh air-- my saturday is a little too busy for my liking at the moment... but saturdays like these will be in the future, i'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful day!
    How exciting to get to play with your new machine--you had a lot of self-control yesterday! I might have been late :-)

    ♥ Bethany

    www.happyhomemaker.me

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's the sewing machine i have & i love it! enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whitney, we planted okra in our garden too...we are def. Southern girls! And I got a new Brother machine this spring. Yippee!! Enjoy! I got some vintage goodies at garage sales today...if you have a chance please visit my blog and see if you have ideas of what I could make from them. I know you are busy, so no pressure, ok? Thanks!

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. This made me happy! I had a similar blissful Saturday today. :) Love it.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan