Sunday, May 13, 2012


To my lovely bride/mom-to-be




Today marks your very first Mother's Day! Okay...so maybe you haven't had to change Little E's diaper or rock him/her to sleep quite yet. But I have a front seat in watching you love this soon-to-be born baby. You sing hymns in the car to Lil' E, you pray for Lil' E, you speak gently and write love letters to Lil' E. Honestly, I could not wish for a better mother of my child. Our child. Lil' E has no idea the privilege he/she has of being your baby. And it will be my privilege in November to serve alongside you in caring for this beautiful creation. You may still be getting used to this ever-changing body of yours, and though you may not feel like it, you carry yourself with such grace and motherly care that it would be a big mistake for me to miss this chance to wish you your first Happy Mother's Day! 

You're already such an amazing mom.

I love you,

Shawn

8 comments:

  1. Soooo sweet!!! This makes me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this post is so sweet and beautifully written! Happy Mother's Day, Whitney... You are going to be an amazing mother to Little E!

    Love In Christ,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, my love. I'm impressed you were able to hack into the blog without me knowing. :) Thank you, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heart-felt and beautifully said, Shawn. So grateful for you! And excited about the new Newby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally can hear shawn reading this outloud. so sweet! you guys are gonna make such incredible parents!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan