Dear Little E.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Waiting, waiting for your dad to get home




















Dear Little E,

This past week has flown right by. Thanks in part to a record shattering month for Brighter Day - which I'm sure you're well aware of from the constant hum of the sewing machine - combined with added doctor's appointments, carb counting for this new crazy diet we're on, working at the hospital, and trying to savor these last few weeks of summer... it's been busy. But it's helping the time pass quickly before you get here, when I know the pace will change so drastically.

You're still the talk of the town among my patients. They ask about you, and I tell them you're one long, tall active boy. I tell them you still have no name and no furniture. You do have some onesies, a set of cloth diapers, and a whole lot of love (which seems like plenty in my book). It's been fun to see their faces brighten when they see you have the hiccups or feel you move around.

I do think you've already chosen your favorite person: your dad. And that's ok with me. Whenever he starts talking to you, you do lots more thumping and squirming than around anyone else. It makes my heart jump. He's going to teach you so many things, that dad of yours: how to have good hair, how to strum a guitar and kick a soccer ball, how to give your whole heart and life to Jesus. I have a feeling your favorite part of the day will be when he gets home from work. I can't wait to see your face light up and your little feet kick around frantically until he picks you up. I can see it in my head more than anything else about you right now.

I've heard lots of moms say that they recognize their baby's movements outside the womb as the same movements they were making inside. So if that's true, I have a feeling you'll do a lot of stretching and yawning. At night, mostly, if I'm laying down, I can see my whole stomach flatten in the front and stretch out wide from side to side, then go back into position as you shudder and shake a little bit. It looks like you just had a great big yawn. You're adorable to me already.

This guy loves you too. A whole, whole lot.
























9 more weeks in there, little guy! They say they'll make sure you come early - at least a week before your due date - because they won't let you get too big with this diabetes diagnosis. I say a hearty "thank you" to that because not only do you already feel like a giant, I'm just really ready to meet you.

I love you, E! (Or L... or S... we still don't know, but I know I love you!)
Mom

5 comments:

  1. Whitney-this is so completely sweet. Thank you ever so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I'm so excited for you :)

    ♥ Bethany

    www.happyhomemaker.me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you here again! :-) :-) Been a long/short week! love that 'lil guy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son was most active in my belly when his dad would talk (or play video games)... Must be a boy thing :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan