Baby shower, in pictures.

Monday, September 24, 2012

I was blessed to be given a beautiful baby shower for Baby L this weekend with some precious family and friends. I'll let the pictures do most of the talking, but I'm just so thankful looking through these - not only for all the amazing gifts we received, but mostly for the love and support I felt by all these women I've known for so many years. Baby L is already very loved, and that means the world to me.
Little Shawn in Germany :)

Instead of a game, I requested we do a DIY project - so we decorated onesies! We had lots of iron-on fabric prepped and some shapes for inspiration, and we went from there. I wish I had a picture of each one... they turned out adorable. I can't wait to see him wearing them and think of the hands that made them for him. :)

Thank you, sweet friends!




The hostesses: Jan, my mom, Missy (my aunt), and LeAnn

My sweet grandma who doesn't miss an important event in my life... and drove from Ohio by herself to be here. She's amazing. 

The little girls doing their own craft

See the onesies in the back? All made by my amazingly creative friends! :)

13 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! love the photos, what a great baby shower for your sweet baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a beautiful day! I love the idea of getting family and friends to decorate onesies! Such good ideas! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate shower games ... so much more fun to do a project together. Great idea.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow...such a wonderful baby shower! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous baby shower!I love so much how you are waiting for your baby boy, God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful shower! I love the applique idea for the onesies - could you tell me more about how you achieved that adorable look? I imagine it has something to do with freezer paper...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, no freezer paper! We used "Steam a Seam" which is a fusible webbing. We prepped the onesies by washing and drying them, and prepped the fabric by doing the same, then cut out squares of fabric and adhered the "steam a seam" to one side. Then when people cut out the shapes they wanted, they just peeled off the backing, placed it on the onesie, and ironed it on.

      Delete
  8. I want to do this for my baby shower! Did people enjoy it? Even the non-Catholic guests. Can you give me any more details on how to pull it off??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People loved it! (Not sure what you mean by non-Catholic guests? We aren't Catholic either.) If you'll look in the comments, I've detailed how we made the onesies. :)

      Delete
  9. I want to do this for my baby shower! Did people enjoy it? Even the non-Catholic guests. Can you give me any more details on how to pull it off?

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan