Craving.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

There are certain (stereotypical) things I crave when Fall rolls around: pumpkin spice lattes, apple cake, a trip to Gentry's Farm, a walk in downtown Franklin, a honeycrisp apple.

Then there's this: I crave Central Park.
Last Fall, I had the privilege of spending an afternoon there alone while my dad rehearsed for his upcoming performance at Carnegie Hall, and it was pure magic. A cup of Argo tea in hand, I walked through the bustle near Columbus Circle, reminiscing on when I'd last been there and caught a carriage ride just before becoming engaged. I took a walk past hot dog stands and children of every color playing together, and landed on a rock where I watched the light dance through the trees and breathed in crisp Fall air.
I just had to relive it for a moment. While a trip to Central Park isn't in the cards this Fall (for hugely obvious reasons) it's in my heart today.

3 comments:

  1. We're planning a Fall trip to NY sometime this Fall- an ode to You've Got Mail, one of my favorite movies. (And fall cravings!)
    There is a map you can follow- to visit each of the places where the movies were filmed. Can't wait! :)
    Eat Cake

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan