Starting point.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Every new home has a starting point. 
Every new home has a starting point.

It's what I keep trying to remind myself when I see mini blinds, former tenants' paint color choices, and no rugs.

Still, here's a glimpse of where we're starting. The photos are very low light, as that's what we've had to work with. We've had one sunny day since moving in. It's terrible for pictures, but so incredibly cozy for living.

Overall, we feel the weighty privilege of owning our first home. We don't take it for granted for a second that we were able to buy this sweet house in Raleigh. The fact that this home is a blank slate for whatever our minds (and budget) can come up with is so, so exciting.


10 comments:

  1. Where did you find those curtains in Liam's room? I'm looking for very similar ones. I also LOVE that couch in your bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure the curtains were from Target about 5 years ago. I know that's not so helpful… sorry. :/ I'm pretty sure there are similar ones at Target though!

      Delete
  2. Wow, babe. Looking SO good. ALREADY! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lighting- you're right, so wonderful and cozy for actualy living in.
    You're doing a great job with what you've got. I'm there with you!

    Manda from Eat Cake

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it makes you feel any better your new house already looks a bit more complete than ours and we've been in it nearly 3 years! With both of us working full time and studying it's slow going but will happen eventually. We bought a 'not quite finished off' house so there's been a LOT to do. When we moved in our yard was just gum trees and other Australian natives and black dirt really so we're getting there. You've done a fantastic job so far and it will all happen in time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ADORE the soft colors of your living room. Also, I love the frame in your baby's room with multiple pictures hanging in it. Would love to make something like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks great to me! you've always been gifted in making a home feel like home, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so good! I'm jealous of those gorgeous hardwood floors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is the name of the paint you used in your living room? I love that color and would love to use it in ours! Let me know thanks! (meganfordrn@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used Sherwin Williams Sea Salt, lightened by 20%.

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan