Gluten-free almond butter cookies.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

IMG_3059
Gluten-free baking does not get easier than this.

My grandma gave me this recipe many years ago for peanut butter cookies, and it is amazingly simple and turns out perfectly every time. And because the recipe has no flour, it is naturally gluten-free!

Today, I tried it out with almond butter (because that's what we had) and it turned out much richer in flavor, but equally delicious. Chewy in the center with a slight crunch on the outside. Delightful with a cup of coffee while painting on a rainy day. (I'm a happy girl.)

IMG_3038

IMG_3037

Ingredients: 
1 cup almond butter (or peanut butter)
1 cup sugar
1 egg

Mix ingredients together. Form into teaspoon-size balls and mark tops with wet fork into a lattice (optional). Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes until slightly golden.

IMG_3051

PS - Painting last night was a blast (after the first 3 minutes that my heart was beating out of my chest). It looks like I'll be teaching about 7 or 8 classes in April! If you live near Franklin, take a look at our calendar and come paint with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan