Julia as my guide.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I am in my 4th week of 5 in an online accelerated Abnormal Psychology course.

Know that that means?

It means I've been staring at this computer screen for hours - no, days - at a time. Many of you may be used to this, but it's just not my idea of a good time. It will end soon, thankfully, and I'll have a week break until I jump into my next class. To be fair, it's a fascinating class, which makes it a bit more palatable.

IMG_1600
{Headshot for work}
This guy has been amazing already. He hasn't complained once about having to help out more around the house due to my part-time student, part-time work status. Last night I was up until 1am working on a paper, and I walked into our bedroom and it had been picked up and vacuumed. He is precious. And when I walk across the stage and receive a nursing degree in a couple years from now, it's going to be completely thanks to him.

This afternoon, I decided to take a break from learning about personality disorders and spend a little time with my new friend Julia.

IMG_2142

Oh, Julia. Even your color choice is impeccable.

IMG_2141

I decided to start with something simple: roast chicken.
And yet the first line of the recipe was just a tad intimidating:

"You can always judge the quality of a cook or a restaurant by roast chicken."

Thanks a lot, Julia, for the undue pressure.

IMG_2143

I tried to follow the instructions closely, but honestly, it just seems to be mostly common sense. I'm hoping I'm right about that. I didn't really take pictures of the process (it's a little gross to pick up your camera with chicken guts on your hands), but I'll be sure to post pictures if my roasted chicken is a success!

IMG_2151
{Chicken trussed with embroidery floss. It was all I had. :) }

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan