Lovely city, lovelier friends.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I spent the weekend in Chicago.
And I soaked up every minute.
There are some weekend trips that are fun, but exhausting. But this one, spending time with amazing girlfriends who make me so happy, was incredibly refreshing from start to finish.




IMG_3181

Kirra: passionate, tenderhearted, and a true kindred spirit.

IMG_3099
She and Taylor were sweet to pick me up from the airport and welcome me into their home on the first night. Kirra has cultivated such an inviting home and I love it a little too much... just ask my three friends who I dragged there just to see it. :) It was such a treat to catch up with her, do a little sewing, and enjoy the morning over yogurt parfaits.
Untitled-1
{Sewing practice.}
IMG_3074




Kirra and I did a little walking around the [freezing!] city, visiting some old and new favorite spots.

A new favorite: this flower shop.
IMG_3087




IMG_3089
IMG_3092
And of course, an old favorite, our street.

IMG_3078
IMG_3083
I looked into the windows of our old apartment and wondered how they've decorated since we were there.




IMG_3198

We searched for Pops in his usual spot, but he was nowhere to be found. I'm hoping he was enjoying banana bread on another corner that day.
IMG_3079
We also visited our alma mater, and had some trouble even getting in (tight security, sheesh!).
But at last, we enjoyed some Joe's coffee and a warm spot to chat.
IMG_3096


Anna: intuitive, caring, and wise.
It seems like Anna and I have so much history together in such a short time. We've shared a lot of big life moments, such as our last semester in a dorm, our engagements (I got to hide behind a bush to photograph hers!), our weddings, and now sorting through life as newlyweds. Even though we don't talk every day, I know we can always pick up where we left off and have enriching conversation.
It was so good to see her.
IMG_3128
IMG_3129
IMG_3126

Ilene: artistic, adventurous, and always encouraging.
This girl has been such a blessing in my life. She has been there since the very, very beginning of "Shawn and Whitney" and has been so encouraging along the way. We share a joy for all things related to arts and crafts, though we never quite get around to the "art date" we always plan because we end up talking the night away (which is fine, too)!
IMG_3135
We spent the morning at the best coffee shop in Lincoln Park.
IMG_3120
We took pictures of our food.
Because we are bloggers. That is what we do.
IMG_3119
And we had a mini photo shoot in the park with Ilene and Ryan, her boy.
IMG_3175
IMG_3155




IMG_3169

IMG_3138
They could not be cuter.
I love the laughing pics because they capture their relationship so well. :)
IMG_3152
IMG_3164
Love you, Lenes. (Shawn does too, and was sad he missed seeing you!)
IMG_3148
Camille: a bright soul, opinionated (in the best way), and such a faithful friend.
IMG_3193
I was so glad to see the "many faces" of Camille. :)
IMG_3218
IMG_3220

I was amazed by this new and improved Argo sign. This is my favorite Argo, in case anyone wondered. (I was a bit bummed that every seat was taken, but thankful to sip a Charitea and walk around the city.)
IMG_3131
Oh, and I stalked our friend Zito (Shawn's former roommate) who I kept bumping into - he was visiting from Detroit. And no, he didn't know I was taking a picture of him.:)
IMG_3132


I enjoyed Chipotle. Twice.
IMG_3225
IMG_3106
And finally, I said "see you later" to my favorite city. Later, meaning May.
Until then, I will miss this lovely city and even more, I'll miss my lovelier friends.
IMG_3228

11 comments:

  1. If you have a chance to stop by and see Baby Porick when you're here in May, we'd love to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we would LOVE to see baby Porick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clearly I was just about to post the SAME thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Whitney....I will try to call you...haven't forgotten about you.

    You mentioned you will be back in Chicago in May...so will Glenn and I. Moody graduation. Will we see you then?

    ~J

    ReplyDelete
  5. whit!!! of course, the city loved having you too. it was such a blast! see you again soon, i'm sure. (hello to mr. shawn too - i missed him too!)
    lovelovelove you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mandie - We'll be so close to you guys - we're photographing a wedding at College Church!!

    Judy - We will talk soon. :) And unfortunately, I don't think we'll be there for Moody graduation... I think we'll be there the following weekend.

    Ilene - Love you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whitney,

    Oh, how fun that you'll be right in our neighborhood. What date(s) will you be in town, so we can plan to see you guys?

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  8. By the way, this isn't Dave Doty's wedding by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brian - Nope, not Dave Doty's wedding. But the wedding is May 29th, and we're still trying to figure out how long we'll be in the area (depends on Shawn's work schedule). We'll for sure let you know though!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. whitney!!! you're blog is sawesome sauce! I love following your posts via google reader!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan