DIY: Dress up a candle.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

This idea comes solely from my dear friend Kirra. It was her inclination to "dress up" a candle and I loved what she did - so I decided to make my own.

I bought this pumpkin spice candle yesterday from Walmart ($5.00!) in celebration of my very favorite season, and I decided it needed a little love. I grabbed a few bits and pieces left over from past projects and went to work. And instead of gluing, I decided to use clear tape, just in case I wanted to use those pieces again.

The first version of the candle (on the left) was pretty, but just a little much. But the one on the right? Just right. A hint of lace, a strip of khaki colored linen, and some twine. Simple, but elegant. My favorite.
I think this says "Fall" so perfectly.

P.S.  Just to keep it real... as I was putting this together in my craft room, two huge trucks pulled up and some burly men got out and started putting gloves on. It kinda freaked me out at first, not knowing they were there to saw down a tree. But my favorite part is when one of them looked straight at me right after I took this picture. :)

5 comments:

  1. Okay, SO doing this! :) Love this idea, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the fun idea Whitney! I'm working on a candle for each room right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, that darling Kirra and her sweet friend Whitney. Beautiful candle.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan