Sacred.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

See these bags? They're special. A lot more special than the usual bag I make for Brighter Day.

A couple months ago, Caitlin (a friend of a friend) approached me with an idea. Her father - an amazing and godly man - had passed away last August and she had a few of his favorite shirts that she wanted to turn into bags for her and her family. The two striped ones were two of his favorite preaching shirts - and the brown flannel was another favorite. I was all over the idea. Once I received the shirts in the mail, it was hard to make those first few cuts, hoping and praying the bags would come together in a way that she and her family would be pleased with. I love how they turned out, and I love that they'll be such sweet reminders for her family for hopefully years to come. My favorite part is what is sewn inside each one: Living To Seek His Pleasure. It's how he signed his letters and what is now on his gravestone. What a privilege to work on such a sacred, beautiful project!

12 comments:

  1. They are beautiful! What a special way to keep memories of him beside them always. It got me teary-eyed.

    Blessings!
    ♥ Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! what and awesome way to honor a man who loved the Lord and The Lord Himself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are lovely! what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing you gave them - something to remind them everyday of such a wonderful man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is beautiful! what a sweet idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous Whitney! You have such a gift for seeing the beauty in things and making these beautiful bags. I always love reading your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT JOB, Whitney! They are beautiful & that is such a great idea to honor him. I know her family will cherish them & be blessed by your effort. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tears in my eyes as I see these bags. This is a brilliant way to hold their dad close. Great job, babe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how wonderful!! When in Fort Worth, we did something similar ~ made teddy bears for family members, particularly children who had lost a mom or dad...best feeling ever...
    You did an amazing job on those bags!!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan