This week.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Does anyone out there have a recurring dream?

Mine is this:
I find myself sitting behind a desk in math class, realizing I haven't attended the class for the entire semester. We're having a test that day - a test that covers all the things I've missed all semester and have no clue how to figure out.
I start to panic.
And then I wake up.

I'm sure it's a stress dream, because I usually have them during the busiest times in my real life.

Here's the thing: I've had that same feeling in the pit of my stomach all week long. I feel unprepared. Like I'm missing something and I can never quite catch up. I'm sure I can chalk it up to "syllabus shock" or the fact that two of my classes are online and have sporadic due dates popping up all the time or even the fact that I still have over 100 purses to make for brides who are waiting.

Yikes.

So that's where I've been this week.
Trying to just keep my head above water.
Trusting that when the Lord says that he will take hold of my right hand and he will help me (Isaiah 41:14), he really means it.


6 comments:

  1. I know the feeling Whitney! I've been feeling the exact same way with my nursing studies - that feeling of being unprepared. I am now going to write Isaiah 41:14 on a notecard and stick to my desk - what an encouraging verse! :) God always sustains. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you here. Just started my senior year of nursing school and it's like I have to remind myself to breathe. And with that breath comes a simultaneous prayer for help. Keep smiling... He will take care of you. Love visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm actually not doing nursing right now, but in transitions in other ways. i didn't have much except work phone calls this week and forgot the ONE thing i scheduled out of the house today. my friend txted me and i realized i had forgotten so i called her up to apologize. felt like such a stinker, but she insisted that it was fine and needed to get stuff anyway.
    so- if any balls are dropped like mine, it is possible that things will still go along swimmingly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that same dream . . . and it's been many, many years since I was even in school! Praying for you, babe. Take it one day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that dream too, and it's always math.
    But then I have to go to my locker to get my books and I've forgotten the lock numbers! It's awful, I feel panicked. Totally sympathize.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan