Today, I...

Monday, September 26, 2011

spent the morning at an elementary school, shadowing a school nurse. I can definitely say being a school nurse is not my calling, but I was inspired by the woman I shadowed who was perfect for that role.  (P.S. - I wish I'd known as a 3rd grader how obvious it was to the school nurse if I was faking or not. Let me say... it's obvious.) :)
helped with eye exams for, oh, 60 Kindergarteners who were about the cutest things ever. I loved some of their super cute names, too: Trotter, Blaze, Eloise, Ina, Nelson.
ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner with Shawn. Rare and wonderful.
ran intervals around a field with Shawn, reminding me of my cross country days. My legs feel like jelly in the best way.
felt really overwhelmed with all that's on my to-do list. I feel like I'm getting through it, then I remember that one other thing I need to do. I'm not perfect and put way too much pressure on myself sometimes (lots of times).
sewed 9 purses.
got a text from my Dad who just landed in the USA from Cuba. Always a good feeling.
did some planning for our next sewing night! It's October 15th (mark your calendars!). I'll fill you in soon!
opened the windows to let the fall breeze in.

It's been a good, full day. 
What about yours? 

3 comments:

  1. What a great {and productive} day! Oh, it would be so much fun to attend a sewing night... Especially with someone as talented as you!
    May the Lord bless you and your husband.

    In Christ,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was ONE day? I am tired just reading about it! :) I love sewing with other women, wish we lived closer! Blessings,
    AlwaysSewLove

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many things about this made me smile. 1) cross country 2) imagining you faking sick in elementary school 3) seeing the actual kiddo faking it

    that is so cute!


    www.agirlandherscout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan